Wednesday, September 25, 2013

More Crayon Art: Halloween/Fall edition

I wanted to create another crayon canvas creation, but more for fall and Halloween to decorate my house with. So I tried out a couple ideas. One failed miserably, but one turned out pretty good!

Pumpkin Crayon Art
I used the Crayola crayons again, this time I used one box of Keen Green and three boxes of Hello Sunshine.


I took the Hello Sunshine crayons, peeled them, and chopped them up roughly into thirds. I took the Keen Green ones, and just snapped the very tips off them to create the look of a stem and leaves. 



I then used a hot glue gun to affix them to my canvas in the shape of a pumpkin. Don't worry too much about being messy with the hot glue. The crayons will melt into one shape and the hot glue is mostly just to keep them in place while you are heating them. 


The next part was tricky. I wanted to heat the crayons to the point of melting them. However, I did not necissarily want a lot of spreading/splashing effect the blowdryer gives. I used a giant stick lighter on most parts so there was heat, but no blowing. This took a very long time and was slightly painful to hold down the trigger on the lighter, so I went back and forth between the lighter and a blowdryer. 

I'm so happy with my result. I am thinking about framing the sides with a green or black ribbon. I love this project because it's unique and I also versatile. I can use it to decorate for Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving!

Love, 
Lauren 





No comments:

Post a Comment