Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Crayon Art

Crayon melting is really popular right now, and I like the different ones I've seen. I saw a couple different ones I liked using a scheme of one color and incorporating it into a scene of some-sort. So I tried out my first crayon project, and it turned out pretty good!

I went to Walmart, and they had small boxes (8 crayons) of simple color schemes. I picked up two boxes of the green.
I simply glued them to the edge of a canvas in a random order with the flat tip towards the edge and the point towards the inside of the canvas (after peeling off the paper logos, which is optional). I used a hot glue gun to secure them in place. I then turned the canvas upside down with the crayons at the top. I had some help with someone holding the canvas for me, at a bit of an angle. I took a blow dryer and ran it back and forth until the crayons started to melt down the canvas. After that, I let it dry. Then I took fabric flowers and glued some in place with the hot glue gun in order to create a garden appearance. I like the way it turned out and I plan to play around with some other ideas.


Love, 
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment