Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Pick Me Up

Hello all! I wanted a refreshing (maybe not so healthy) coffee drink to help me get through my final papers this afternoon. It's finally starting to look and feel like Spring here in Colorado, so I decided I wanted something chilly. Here's what I concocted.

You will need:
a blender
ice cream (I used chocolate malt twist from Schwan's, but any flavor will do fine)
2/3 cup of 2% milk (use 1/4 cup for a thicker consistency)
one packet of Starbucks VIA instant coffee (I used Mocha flavor)
4-6 ice cubes
1. Mix the instant coffee with hot water as directed.
2. Put ice cream (about 2 scoops), milk, ice, and mixed coffee into blender.
3. Mix in blender until all ingredients are dissolved and mixed together.
4. There you have it, your very own fancy coffee drink! Can be garnished with whipped cream and chocolate syrup as well! Makes 2 servings.
 
(I love these Aztec glasses!)

Happy Friday all! I hope it's lovely!
Love,
Lauren Marie

P.S. Soundtrack for today: ZZ Ward's self titled album! Check it out, it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment